Craig Hodge Coquitlam City Councillor
SERVING YOU ON COUNCIL:
- Chair of Coquitlam Community Safety Advisory Committee and member of Coquitlam/Port Coquitlam joint Police detachment advisory Committee
- Chair of Union of B.C. Community Safety Committee and Co-Chair of Local Government round table on reforming the Police Act
- Past Chair of the Riverview Advisory Committee and the Environmental Committee of Sustainability
- Co-Chair of B.C.'s local Government RCMP contract Management Committee
- Member of Metro Vancouver Regional District
- Vice Chair of Metro Vancouver Zero Waste Committee
- Board Member of Zero Wast Council of Canada
- Member of the Fraser Basin Council Flood Management Committee
- Vice Chair of the Metro Vancouver Flood Resiliency Task Force
Craig and his wife, Darla, live in northeast Coquitlam where they raised their three boys — the third generation of his family to call Coquitlam home.
Craig Hodge was elected to Coquitlam city council in 2011.
A resident of Coquitlam for 58 years, Craig attended Hillcrest elementary school, Dr. Charles Best junior high school and Centennial secondary school.
He worked as a photojournalist for The Columbian daily newspaper in Coquitlam until it closed in 1984, and then helped to start The Tri-City News where he worked until his retirement in 2011.
SERVING OUR COMMUNITY:
- Scout Leader and Group Commissioner
- Past Director of the Pacific Parklands Foundation
- Coached Soccer and Ball Hockey
- Past President of the Tri-Cities Chamber of Commerce in addition to serving six years as the Director of the B.C. Chamber of Commerce
- Past Director of the Coquitlam Foundation
- Past President of the Coquitlam Heritage Society (Mackin House Museum)